Monday, August 3, 2009

The Lord's Supper

I won't spend a lot of time discussing what this sermon was about, but I can tell you that I was really looking forward to it. Being able to take part in communion with our new church was a wonderful time, and a real blessing as a pastor.

In the message, I tried to set the context for the Lord's Supper. What were Jesus and the disciples doing that night in the upper room, and why were they getting together? What was the significance of the Passover and what Jesus was showing them? Hopefully I answered those questions!

Sermon, August 2

EDIT: Well, it appears that we had some technical difficulties, and the message was not recorded :-( My apologies to those who have tried to listen. We're still trying to figure out how to get all our ducks in a row with this recording, so it's inevitable that things like this happen! So, let me tell you, it was a great sermon, the best I have ever preached! No, in all reality, I really enjoyed preaching this one, it just hasn't been preserved for posterity. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment